NEWS & KNOWLEDGE
Interesting things about the packaging industry, retailing dynamics, consumer trends and NOA’s insight.
What’s New for 2018?
Paper cost hikes, kraft shortages, papermill shutdowns, shortages of OCC AND rapid consumer and retailer change; the wonderful world of corrugated has never been more lively than it was in 2017.
Our team at NOA have just completed a very interesting project for ICCA on the global forecast for corrugated. We focussed our attention on unique activities and differences between 6 distinct regions of the globe and received some great feedback –
“This is an excellent report and includes valuable information for all parts of the globe”
Dennis Colley, President/CEO – Fibre Box Association
This and other of our projects has given us the opportunity to talk with many Industry professionals around the globe, gathering feedback. We have been encouraged to write our next multi-client report. Preliminary discussions have centred around gaining clarity over current and future uncertainties within the UK & European corrugated market. Specific topics from our conversations have included:-
- Concerns around alarming changes within the supply chain – ongoing reduction in run lengths, ever shortening lead times, etc. etc.
- The impact on demand due to the rise of multi-channel retailing.
- The rise of private label.
- The rise and direction of internet brand owners.
- Changes in print methods to satisfy today’s supply demands.
- The impact of a powerful and growing consumer lobby on the specifying of corrugated packaging.
We have also received very heartening feedback that NOA-PRISM is well regarded and uniquely placed to undertake such a study. We would be very pleased to know if you are interested in being a subscriber for such a project too. For more details, please complete the form below…